We are looking for a range of developers from the fresh (“I just graduated but I totally rock”) to the veteran (“I kick ass – I see the world in code”). If you are looking to work at a company that does nothing but create the future of software, where innovation and what’s new is the blood of the organization, then you’ll feel right at home at Right Brain Media. We build amazing solutions for the largest companies in the world, which allows us to fund startups internally – giving our employees a platform to have their ideas heard and to be a part of launching new products.
Right Brain Media, a pioneer in digital media and web technology for over 13 years, is based in downtown Orlando.
Essential Job Functions
- Builds software applications – Follows coding standards, builds appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts. We have our own standards to make sure your code does not suck; yes, some unit testing and end-to-end testing.
- Assists in defining software architectures – Collaborates with leads to explore existing systems, determines areas of complexity and potential risks to successful implementation and learns the applications’ capabilities.
- Communicates continually with the client and project teams – Explains progress on the development effort. We use JIRA and a bunch of other tools to make this easy.
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of your work, because we know good developers take pride in the code they produce.
- Translates designs and style guides provided by the UI/UX team into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance.
- Contributes to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface, software architecture or new technologies.
- Well-versed in software engineering principles, frameworks and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills or can at least talk with other developers.
- Self-directed team player who thrives in a continually changing environment, because we move fast.
- Strong customer service/client service skills. Or if you don’t have them, that’s cool too – just let us know so you don’t make us look stupid. 🙂
- Formal college education or bachelor’s degree… who cares?
- We love students of The Iron Yard, CodeSchool.com, CodeAcademy.com and online programs from DeVry University, Full Sail University and others.
- Some travel may be required but usually not much.
- Successful reference and background validation.
- Note: The job title, description and role requirements for this position are subject to change without notice.
- Currently, Right Brain Media does not offer employment-based visa sponsorship.
- Right Brain Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit your resume, go to our website: RightBrainMedia.com/Careers.aspx